I’m not a tremendous fan of sweets, but when I am craving something sweet, nothing else will do. I wanted something sweet for lunch today and thought to myself “No. That is ridiculous. This is an office.” “An office, for christsake,” I hissed. One hummus and lentil wrap with banana peppers and arugula later… I wanted something sweet… Lunch didn’t take. After dinner tonight, again. “Sweeeeeeeeeettttttttttt.” And then I tried the Cashew Banana Ice Cream recipe from The Vegan Table by Colleen Patrick-Goudreau. Try this tonight. Try this now. Begin stockpiling frozen bananas.
- 3 cups frozen, sliced bananas (overly ripened)
- 1/2 cup nut butter (I used a little cashew and a little almond.)
- 1/8 tea sea salt (1/8 = a bit. I don’t measure all that reliably.)
- 1/4-1/3 cup agave nectar (I added this last, to get the right texture.)
- handful cashews (I used raw because that’s what I had around. If you use salted cashews*, maybe forego the earlier “bit” of sea salt.)
Puree the bananas first. Then add the nut butter and salt*, then agave nectar. When the texture is deliciously creamy, add the cashews and pulse roughly.
And, at last, I am guilt-free and full : ) Good night.