After two weird weeks in my life, I went out for a bit tonight and got home later than normal, starving. This is after Adam inquired of my dinner plans and I looked blankly at the bottle of wine I brought home. I was then told I should eat something that required a pot or pan. . .
I had plenty of food from which to choose, but none already prepared (except for my lunch tomorrow, that I couldn’t bear to break into, after all the anal retentive portioning,labeling,obsessing…)
So, I threw together a . . . spinach marinara bowl?
- leftover zucchini slice
- leftover mushrooms
- five huge stalks of asparagus
- quarter of red bell pepper
- salt and pepper, Italian seasoning, hot sauce dash at the very end
In a bowl:
- just enough spinach to cover the bottom
- three big spoonfuls of warmed marinara, enough to coat the spinach
- top with cooked vegetables and a handful of toasted almonds I had lying around
10 minutes. Dinner. BAM. Take that, “cooked dinner.”