I have been accused of having “the freezer of a serial killer,” but I sure don’t go too hungry for too long.
Naysayers, be damned. I went to the farmers’ market at lunch today, came home famished and was having a delicious bowls of fully cooked lentils, tofu and vegetables within 10 minutes : )
My freezer usually consists of:
- vegetable soup, that I make on the weekends to make good use of weekday leftovers
- mushroom broth
- frozen bananas, for emergency Ice Not Cream
- salsa, which seems to get hotter after being frozen and, therefore, more awesome
- all the spices I can get my hands on
- sunflower and pumpkin seeds
- nutritional yeast, because I don’t trust it at room temperature
- anything else I can obsessively label and stack
This is like my food security blanket, as my enemy is that panic when you don’t know what to eat, but your belly is screaming
“YOU HAVE TTTTTEEEEEENNNNNN MINUTES!!!”
Label. Stock. Freeze. Repeat.