The pineapple warned me that tomorrow may never come (and when you smell pineapple when you walk into the kitchen, it’s time to cut it up).
So, I made muffins!
And promptly burned the bottoms : (
(My new imaginary kitchen will have an updated non-faulty temped oven! The current one only seems to want to heat at 410… Many a disaster have been made.)
But, out of despair came a recipe update and I was pleased with just the muffin top, so I think I have a winner!
- 1 pineapple, peeled, cored and diced
- 1/2 cup raw cashews
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- tea baking soda
- 1/2 tea baking powder
- zest of 1 lemon
- juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1/4 cup turbinado sugar (plus more to sprinkle on top)
- 1/2 cup agave nectar (plus more to lightly drizzle top)
- 1 blueberry per muffin
- Roast cashews in a pan until lightly browned and fragrant.
- Mix flour, baking soda, powder, lemon zest and sugar.
- Blend cashews and pineapple in food processor. I like it well-blended, but not until the cashew and pineapple pieces are unrecognizable.
- Add to dry mixture with agave nectar, lightly folded in.
- Fill lined muffin tin halfway and top with a blueberry, a drizzle of agave nectar and a few sprinkles of lemon zest.
- 350 degrees, 15-20 minutes
Next time, I will try with a few more blueberries on top. They were absolutely delicious and a surprise last-minute decision.
Next time, I will not burn them either : )