I spent most of the day in a car dealership and wanted to eat something beautiful for dinner.
[Hooray for new car! Good night, sweet Prius : ( ]
So, I decided to make pretty and colorful and delicate lettuce cups with peanut lime dipping sauce.
Really, any ingredients you like will do, but I like varying colors. I wish I’d had some purple cabbage.
pretty lettuce cups
- lite green romaine leaves with cilantro dotted in each leaf
- raw orange and yellow bell pepper
- green cucumber
- black sesame seed encrusted tofu with green julienned basil atop
- brown rice, because I get hungry : )
- red srirachi, because I’m a glutton for punishment
I roasted the sesame seeds in a pan, then dredged the tofu on both sides and coated with a marinade.
- 2 TBS tamari (soy sauce would work, but I hate soy sauce.)
- TBS wasabi paste
- juice of 1 lemon
- 4 sprigs of chopped cilantro
- pinch of red pepper flakes
- TBS water (just enough to coat each piece of tofu)
I then cooked the tofu in the toaster oven for 30 minutes, flipped them and cooked an additional 20 minutes. I bet it would be good uncooked. I was really just stalling because the rice wasn’t done and left it to crisp.
peanut lime dipping sauce
- 1/4 cup natural chunky peanut butter
- 2 TBS roasted sunflower seeds
- TBS fresh grated ginger
- juice and zest of 2 limes
- 2 TBS tamari
- 2 TBS lite agave nectar
- tea sesame oil
- water, until you get the texture you want in the food processor
I put it all on a pretty plate and opened a pretty bottle of wine, pretty. : )
Happy New Car and Lettuce Cups!