I went to the beach for a few days.
It was really lovely, but I missed having all my kitchen stuff and cooking dinner every night.
I wanted something bright and cheery for our first dinner home.
And, world, meet Gordon!
So, I made a quick Asian slaw because I was craving edamame : )
To the best of my recollection:
homesick Asian slaw:
- 1 cup cooked chickpeas
- 1 1/2 cups cooked edamame
- 2 cups purple cabbage* (treatment below)
- 1/4 red bell pepper
- 1/4 yellow bell pepper
- 2 TBS toasted sunflower seeds
- 1 small cucumber, chopped
- 2 TBS coarse grain mustard
- tea grated ginger
- 1 carrot, grated
- juice and zest of 1 lemon
- 2 TBS rice wine vinegar
- 1/2 cup vegetable stock (I had to add an extra splash when I mixed it with the vegetables.)
- 4-6 chopped sprigs of cilantro, with stem (I read that recently. The stems of cilantro have lots of flavor.)
*I dunked the cabbage in boiling water for two minutes, then ran it under cold water to soften it up a bit. . .
Slaw was delightful. And I have a very happy sunburn : )
Hope you’re having a great summer, too.