What does one do with one’s leftover pumpkin puree?
After a batch of pumpkin drop biscuits, I wrestled with this, the eternal fall question.
And then I had an Oh, She Glows inspired pumpkin pasta epiphany!
Vegan gluten free pumpkin mac and cheese:
- 1 package quinoa elbow noodles
- 1/2 can pumpkin puree
- 2-4 TBS nutritional yeast
- TBS Worcestershire sauce (I can’t ever remember how to spell that word. Just had to look it up. Again.)
- TBS minced onions
- TBS minced garlic
- unsweetened soy milk (I used about 1/2 cup, but add slowly in case you want a thicker consistency.)
- salt and pepper, to taste
Cook pasta and set aside in colander.
In same pot, combine sauce ingredients until you like the look of the consistency. Add pasta and combine.
Delicious First World Mac and Cheese! Enjoy!